Powered by Blogger.
.
RSS

Getting ready to close the lid

So the inside of violin has been primed with raw egg and I thought I was nearly ready to close and glue the lid back on. The only task left to do with the violin open is to fit the end pin.

Then I suddenly realised, this creation needs a label!

Now generally violin labels can't be trusted. If I had a penny for every violin out there that had a label saying "Stradivius" I would be very rich indeed. It's sadly also common for violin dealers to remove labels, swap labels and fake labels all to try increase the sale price.

I decided my label needed to be a straight talking no-nonsense job. Just say who made it, where it was made and when. There is no doubt that this is a modern violin and I'm not going to pretend it isn't by writting Stradivarius inside it. As for saying it's made in England when some of the wood was cut and glued in China I don;t have a problem with that. When it arrived from China it was not a violin, it was an empty box that was violin shaped.

So using a caligraphy pen in my neatest writing I wrote out my label and stuck it inside using a small amount of PVA glue

Hopefully in hundreds of years time the label will still be there and someone will appreciate knowing its age and origin :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment