Powered by Blogger.
.
RSS

More glue

I glued the nut to the neck first. This was quite easy to do because I used super glue. I checked the position of the nut and fingerboard against the neck a few times to make sure everything was in alignment then just stuck it on.

I decided for the fingerboard to stick this on using more hide glue just in case I ever feel the need to remove or replace it. I've got a lot better at heating and mixing up the hide glue now and it didn't take as long to make it up. I applied a think layer of hide glue to the neck and the back of the fingerboard then held it in place with a clamp and left it for a day.

Once the glue was dry I carefully sanded the edge where the fingerboard meets the neck to make it really smooth. I used some 800 grit sand paper to do this. Now the neck and the fingerboard feel like they are just one piece of wood.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment